The OmeGa from Altsmoke is an all mechanical, top firing, PV mod. Outfitted with a native 510 connector, the OmeGa is built from aircraft grade aluminum. The body houses one 18650 battery for an all day vape at 3.7 volts, or can accept a pair of 18350 batteries for high voltage vaping. The slightly tapered body is comfortable, well balanced, and natural feeling in the hand.
The OmeGa is a rugged device, without feeling too weighty to handle comfortably.
Though the OmeGa is absent of a drip well, the top cap has ridges that act as a catch for any liquid seepage. Though they aren’t large, they are very effective.
I prefer utilizing tanks for my PV mods when I can, and because of the flat top, the OmeGa handles them all.
Topped with a SmokTech DCT, the pair look like they were made for each other.
I have had absolutely no issues while using the OmeGa. It fires every time, producing consistent vapes.
This has become my go to PV when I am in an environment that may not be conducive for the electronics in some of my other mods.
At first, the top firing mechanism took a little getting used to. Now, however…I prefer it over my bottom button mods.
AltSmoke has recently released the OmeGa version 1.1. Redesigning the top cap for easier removal and installation.
Parts of the AltSmoke OmeGa
From left to right:
- Battery Housing
- Battery Cap
- Positive Post Bushing
- Positive Contact Pin and Spring
- Button Cap which houses the 510 connector
Though there is little travel for the top cap to fire, it does require some amount of force. If you were to stand the OmeGa on its top, it wouldn’t fire. To me, it takes just the right amount of pressure. I have yet to have it miss fire on me while out and about.
The most comfortable way for me to fire, is using my thumb and forefinger, drawing it down with each vape.
If you look closely, you can see the ridges I spoke about earlier. These actually do a very good job at retaining any e-liquid that may seep.
What I think of the OmeGa from AltSmoke
- Construction – This device is very rugged, and can take quite a lot of punishment. You may chip the finish, but the unit itself will last.
- Design – For an all mechanical mod, this unit is very reliable and consistent.
- Price – It’s not the most or least expensive, this is a middle of the road cost for excellent reliability and durability.
- Aesthetics – I really like the tapered body, and the overall look and feel.
- Because this is an all mechanical device. The cap has to be taken apart every so often for cleaning purposes. Doing this could prove difficult for some. Luckily, the new version (v1.1) has addressed this issue.
- Absolutely nothing.
Final notes on the AltSmoke OmeGa
From its durability, to it’s looks…I really dig the OmeGa. Not only can I rely on it, it has proven to be one of my most consistent operating devices.
- Name: OmeGa
- Price: $99.95 (Body Only)
- Switch: Completely Mechanical
- Battery: Uses a Protected 18650 2400mAh battery
- Connector Type: 510
- Body: Constructed from 6061 aircraft aluminum. Tapered for comfort and grip. Nickel plated, Silver Vein Coating, Black Coating, or Pink Coating.
- Warranty: 6 month Warranty from Mechanical failure. (Doesn’t include batteries/atomizers)
Bottom Line: This has been one of the best performing all mechanical PV mods on the market, and continues to do so now. Like my trusted single action, I can rely on this performing…especially if the going gets tough!