The Puresmoker ICON is an all mechanical, PV tube mod. It comes with a 510 or 801 connection, and is constructed from stainless steel.
With a bottom mounted button for activation, the ICON uses one 14500 battery for vaping at 3.7 volts. Protected batteries will not fit this unit, with Puresmoker recommending the Tenergy 14500 batteries or AW IMR14500 batteries only.
While the ICON is a small device, the quality stainless steel construction gives it a feeling of durability and “heft” for its size.
I really like the feel of the ICON. With its small dimensions and durable construction, the ICON really is a vape anywhere device.
Sometimes good things really do come in a small package, and I would say the ICON fits nicely in this category. I will admit while outfitted with a tank, it does look a little funny, and becomes a bit top heavy.
But this combination really worked for me.
I really put this device through the paces. Never “babying” it, and even dropping it on occasion.
In short…I was hard on it!
As you can see in the pictures…the finish did take a beating from me.
Not only did I really like the smaller size of the ICON, the construction was impressive as well.
This unit is very simple to break down and reassemble for cleaning purposes. I needed no tools to accomplish this task.
The threading was also top notch, very clean, with no burrs or tooling marks. Be sure to lubricate the threading though…as they are very precise.
The bottom button lock is not only easy to use, it works flawlessly.
What I think of the ICON from Puresmoker
I did run into a very slight issue a couple times.
While unscrewing the lock, I would inadvertently unscrew the bottom cap as well. Not a problem really, just something I experienced.
But I really do love the way the lock on the ICON is designed.
- Reliability – Performed every time.
- Size – Not too big…not too small…the ICON is a nice size for vaping on the go, or at home.
- Type – All Mechanical PV Mod.
- Durability – The ICON took all the abuse I could dish out, and kept on vaping.
- Construction – Solidly built in stainless steel.
- Fit & Finish – All the pieces fit together without uneven seems, or gaps. Plus, it just looks good.
- Price – At $81.99, the ICON is just as pricey as some of the other popular, larger PV mods.
Final notes on the ICON from Puresmoker
This has become one of my favorite PV tube mods. Because of its reliability, durability, and size, the ICON’s versatility can easily take the place of multiple PV mods.
Website: The ICON from Puresmoker
- Name: Puresmoker ICON
- Price: $81.99
- Type: All Mechanical 3.7v
- Battery: 3.7 Volts 1 x 14500
- Connector Type: 510 or BE112/801
- Body: Stainless Steel
- Warranty: 6 Months