PureSmoker produces some of the best all mechanical PV Mods. Manufactured from stainless steel, they not only are pleasing to the eye, their devices are rugged, and built to last. My first e-cigarette from PureSmoker was their ICON, a smaller mod, accepting the 14500 battery.
Enter the all new Leagacy, made with the Kick by Evolv in mind!
Power is supplied by one IMR 18490 high drain battery (Kick enabled), or a single 18650 IMR high drain battery. If you purchase the optional sleeve, you will be able to have a Kicked Legacy powered by the 18650. A mini version of the Legacy is available as well.
The tube is media blasted, while the top and bottom cap are polished. This is a bottom activated device with a locking mechanism similar to the ICON.
For me, my favorite battery size seems to be the 18490. This gives me the best compromise between battery size, and longevity…or as I like to call it, vapegevity (yea, I just made that up).
PureSmoker Legacy is Cutting Edge
The Legacy weighs in at 5.2 oz (in its Kick enabled configuration with 18490 battery) and measures 4.25″ L x 0.874″ D at its widest circumference.
PureSmoker Legacy Parts
Threading of the Legacy
Legacy End Caps
PureSmoker ships extra screws, and washers for adjustment, and replacement should you need. After adding the Kick to my Legacy, two additional washers were required to make contact.
Don’t worry about this…the Legacy comes with a written user manual from PureSmoker.
Legacy Activation Button Lock
The activation button and lock is the same functionally as with the ICON, but it looks better!
The Legacy Gets a Kick in the Butt
The Legacy from PureSmoker, will accept a single 18650 for 3.7 volt vaping…while the Kick transforms this into a full fledged variable wattage vaping machine powered by a single 18490!
What exactly does that mean? Variable wattage, as opposed to variable voltage?
I don’t know…so lets add the Kick, and find out!
My daily use of cartomizers are 2.0 & 3.0 Ohm Boges. When I’m vaping my Provari or mini Lavatube, I need to change the voltage setting in order to get to my sweet spot depending on which cartomizer I’m using at the moment.
What I really like about varable wattage, is the fact that the voltage output is determined by the Ohms of the cartomizer used.
I set the Kick at my desired wattage…and forget about it!
Testing the PureSmoker Legacy
The following table represents the data I was able to measure with equipment I had on hand.
All measurements were rounded to the nearest 0.1 increment when needed, utilizing freshly charged batteries.
The Ohms for atomizers & cartomizers were measured with my Provari. The wattage is calculated with the formula: Watts = (Volts x Volts)/Ohms.
|Ohms||1.5 (Dual Coil)||2.0||2.9|
After taking my readings, I dialed in @ approximately 8.0 watts with my 2.9, and 2.0 Ohm tank. The voltage readings I received were 4.9 & 4.05 respectively.
Throughout the battery charge, my voltage readings remained within 0.1.
I simply swapped the two tanks at my leisure, and the voltage output adjusted automatically, requiring nothing from me.
The Kicked Legacy delivered my setting of approximately 8.0 watts until the battery required a recharge!
Set it and forget about it…gotta love that!
What I think of the Legacy
The Legacy PV Mod was constructed with the Kick by Evolv in mind…and it shows. The fit of the two are complimentary, with no issues whatsoever. If you have a Kick, you can’t go wrong by coupling it with the Legacy. If you have a Legacy, you absolutely need to get a Kick (if you desire variable voltage…err…I mean variable wattage!)
- Construction – Body is made of stainless steel, with a contrasting media blasted and polished finish. This is a solid, quality made, all mechanical device, that should last a very long time. Plus, it’s made in America!
- Durability – Solid & durable, I’m not worried about this device should I inadvertently drop it.
- Simplicity – It doesn’t get any simpler than this!
- Size – In both configurations, Kicked or not, this is the perfect size for me.
- Consistency – Set your wattage and forget about it. The Kicked Legacy delivers.
- Vapegevity – Yea, I said it again…and the Legacy has it!
- Price – The $88.99 for a base Legacy makes this one of the lower price points for a stainless steel 18650 all mechanical PV Mod. Add $45.00 and you have variable wattage at your fingertips for a cool $133.99!
- I found the Legacy could be a little unstable while standing it up on end.
Final notes on the Legacy from PureSmoker
The Legacy never missed a beat, firing every time. The stainless steel media blasted finish with polished end caps not only looks terrific, its easy on the fingerprints too. Solid construction…low price point…all mechanical…made in the USA…and constructed with the Kick in mind…my hats off to PureSmoker for their release of the Legacy.
Website: The Legacy from PureSmoker
- Name: PureSmoker Legacy
- Price: $88.99 (body only) Additional $37.00 for the kit.
- Extension Tube: $14.99
- Type: All Mechanical Tube Mod
- Battery: Uses one 18490 (kicked) or one 18650 IMR High Drain Battery
- Connector Type: 510
- Body: Media Blasted Stainless Steel.
- Warranty: Six Months.
- Vented for added safety
- Activation button lock for added safety
- Made in the USA